Cottle County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Cottle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cottle County, Texas. You can contact the Cottle County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Cottle County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 729The Cottle County Assessor's Office is located in Paducah, Texas. Paducah is the county seat of Cottle County, where most local government offices are located.
Cottle County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cottle County Information
Cottle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cottle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cottle County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cottle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cottle County.
- The Cottle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cottle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cottle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cottle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cottle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-492-3345. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cottle County assessor's office at 806-492-3107. Please call the assessor's office in Paducah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cottle County Courthouse at 806-492-3613.