Coryell County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Coryell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coryell County, Texas. You can contact the Coryell County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Coryell County property tax due date
510 E Leon StThe Coryell County Assessor's Office is located in Gatesville, Texas. Gatesville is the county seat of Coryell County, where most local government offices are located.
Coryell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coryell County Information
Coryell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coryell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coryell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coryell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coryell County.
- The Coryell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coryell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coryell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coryell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coryell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-865-5911-Ext.-2265. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coryell County assessor's office at 254-865-2519. Please call the assessor's office in Gatesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coryell County Courthouse at 254-865-5911.