Cooke County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Cooke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cooke County, Texas. You can contact the Cooke County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cooke County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
100 South Dixon StreetThe Cooke County Assessor's Office is located in Gainesville, Texas. Gainesville is the county seat of Cooke County, where most local government offices are located.
Cooke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cooke County Information
Cooke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cooke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cooke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cooke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cooke County.
- The Cooke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cooke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cooke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cooke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cooke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-668-5425. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cooke County assessor's office at 940-668-5497. Please call the assessor's office in Gainesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cooke County Courthouse at 940-668-5435.