Comal County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Comal County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Comal County, Texas. You can contact the Comal County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Comal County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
150 N. Seguin St., Suite 301The Comal County Assessor's Office is located in New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels is the county seat of Comal County, where most local government offices are located.
Comal County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Comal County Information
Comal County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Comal County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Comal County Tax Appraiser.
- The Comal County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Comal County.
- The Comal County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Comal County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Comal County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Comal County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Comal County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-221-1355. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Comal County assessor's office at 830-620-5525. Please call the assessor's office in New Braunfels before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Comal County Courthouse at 830-620-5501.