Colorado County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Colorado County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Colorado County, Texas. You can contact the Colorado County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Colorado County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 236The Colorado County Assessor's Office is located in Columbus, Texas. Columbus is the county seat of Colorado County, where most local government offices are located.
Colorado County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Colorado County Information
Colorado County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Colorado County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Colorado County Tax Appraiser.
- The Colorado County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Colorado County.
- The Colorado County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Colorado County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Colorado County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Colorado County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Colorado County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-732-2710. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Columbus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Colorado County government at 979-732-2604.