Collingsworth County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Collingsworth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Collingsworth County, Texas. You can contact the Collingsworth County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Collingsworth County property tax due date
800 West AveThe Collingsworth County Assessor's Office is located in Wellington, Texas. Wellington is the county seat of Collingsworth County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Collingsworth County Courthouse, at 800 West Ave.
Collingsworth County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Collingsworth County Information
Collingsworth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Collingsworth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Collingsworth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Collingsworth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Collingsworth County.
- The Collingsworth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Collingsworth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Collingsworth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Collingsworth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Collingsworth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-447-5606. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Collingsworth County assessor's office at 806-447-2251. Please call the assessor's office in Wellington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Collingsworth County Courthouse at 806-447-5408.