Coleman County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Coleman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coleman County, Texas. You can contact the Coleman County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Coleman County property tax due date
100 W Liveoak StThe Coleman County Assessor's Office is located in Coleman, Texas. Coleman is the county seat of Coleman County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Coleman County Courthouse, at 100 West Liveoak Street, Suite 104.
Coleman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coleman County Information
Coleman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coleman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coleman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coleman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coleman County.
- The Coleman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coleman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coleman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coleman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coleman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-625-2153. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coleman County assessor's office at 325-625-2154. Please call the assessor's office in Coleman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coleman County Courthouse at 325-625-4218.