Coke County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Coke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coke County, Texas. You can contact the Coke County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Coke County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 52The Coke County Assessor's Office is located in Robert Lee, Texas. Robert Lee is the county seat of Coke County, where most local government offices are located.
Coke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coke County Information
Coke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coke County.
- The Coke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-453-2614. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coke County assessor's office at 325-453-2328. Please call the assessor's office in Robert Lee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coke County Courthouse at 325-453-2641.