Cochran County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Cochran County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cochran County, Texas. You can contact the Cochran County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Cochran County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
100 North Main StreetThe Cochran County Assessor's Office is located in Morton, Texas. Morton is the county seat of Cochran County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cochran County Courthouse, at 100 North Main Street.
Cochran County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cochran County Information
Cochran County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cochran County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cochran County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cochran County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cochran County.
- The Cochran County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cochran County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cochran County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cochran County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cochran County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-266-5171. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cochran County assessor's office at 806-266-5629. Please call the assessor's office in Morton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cochran County Courthouse at 806-266-5508.