City of Laredo, Texas - Assessor's Office
The City of Laredo Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Laredo, Texas. You can contact the City of Laredo Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Laredo property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1000 Houston StThe City of Laredo Assessor's Office is located in Laredo, Webb County, Texas. Laredo is the county seat of City of Laredo, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City Of Laredo Courthouse, at 1110 Houston Street.
City of Laredo Assessor Contact Information
City of Laredo Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Laredo Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Laredo Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Laredo Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Laredo.
- The City of Laredo Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Laredo Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Laredo, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Laredo about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Laredo Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-791-7403. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Laredo assessor's office at 956-791-7394. Please call the assessor's office in Laredo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Laredo Courthouse at 956-721-2500.