City of Edinburg, Texas - Assessor's Office
The City of Edinburg Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Edinburg, Texas. You can contact the City of Edinburg Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Edinburg property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
100 N Closner BlvdThe City of Edinburg Assessor's Office is located in Edinburg, Hidalgo County, Texas. Edinburg is the county seat of City of Edinburg, where most local government offices are located.
City of Edinburg Assessor Contact Information
City of Edinburg Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Edinburg Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Edinburg Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Edinburg Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Edinburg.
- The City of Edinburg Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Edinburg Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Edinburg, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Edinburg about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Edinburg Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-388-1891. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Edinburg assessor's office at 956-292-2030. Please call the assessor's office in Edinburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Edinburg Courthouse at 956-318-2600.