Childress County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Childress County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Childress County, Texas. You can contact the Childress County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Childress County property tax due date
PO BOX 1The Childress County Assessor's Office is located in Childress, Texas. Childress is the county seat of Childress County, where most local government offices are located.
Childress County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Childress County Information
Childress County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Childress County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Childress County Tax Appraiser.
- The Childress County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Childress County.
- The Childress County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Childress County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Childress County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Childress County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Childress County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-937-2232. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Childress County assessor's office at 940-937-2250. Please call the assessor's office in Childress before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Childress County Courthouse at 940-937-6143.