Castro County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Castro County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Castro County, Texas. You can contact the Castro County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Castro County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
100 E Bedford StThe Castro County Assessor's Office is located in Dimmitt, Texas. Dimmitt is the county seat of Castro County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Castro County Courthouse, at 100 East Bedford, Room 110.
Castro County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Castro County Information
Castro County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Castro County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Castro County Tax Appraiser.
- The Castro County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Castro County.
- The Castro County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Castro County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Castro County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Castro County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Castro County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-647-5336. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Castro County assessor's office at 806-647-5654. Please call the assessor's office in Dimmitt before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Castro County Courthouse at 806-647-4451.