Carson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Carson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carson County, Texas. You can contact the Carson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Carson County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 657The Carson County Assessor's Office is located in Panhandle, Texas. Panhandle is the county seat of Carson County, where most local government offices are located.
Carson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carson County Information
Carson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carson County.
- The Carson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-537-3412. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Carson County assessor's office at 806-537-3795. Please call the assessor's office in Panhandle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Carson County Courthouse at 806-537-3622.