Camp County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Camp County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Camp County, Texas. You can contact the Camp County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Camp County property tax due date
126 Church StreetThe Camp County Assessor's Office is located in Pittsburg, Texas. Pittsburg is the county seat of Camp County, where most local government offices are located.
Camp County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Camp County Information
Camp County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Camp County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Camp County Tax Appraiser.
- The Camp County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Camp County.
- The Camp County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Camp County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Camp County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Camp County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Camp County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-856-3391. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Camp County assessor's office at 903-856-0811. Please call the assessor's office in Pittsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Camp County Courthouse at 903-856-2731.