Callahan County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Callahan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Callahan County, Texas. You can contact the Callahan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Callahan County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
400 Market StThe Callahan County Assessor's Office is located in Baird, Texas. Baird is the county seat of Callahan County, where most local government offices are located.
Callahan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Callahan County Information
Callahan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Callahan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Callahan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Callahan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Callahan County.
- The Callahan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Callahan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Callahan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Callahan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Callahan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-854-5820. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Callahan County assessor's office at 325-854-5821. Please call the assessor's office in Baird before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Callahan County Courthouse at 325-854-1155.