Burnet County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Burnet County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burnet County, Texas. You can contact the Burnet County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Burnet County property tax due date
200 S Pierce StThe Burnet County Assessor's Office is located in the Courthouse Annex North in Burnet, Texas. Burnet is the county seat of Burnet County, where most local government offices are located.
Burnet County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Burnet County Information
Burnet County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burnet County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burnet County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burnet County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burnet County.
- The Burnet County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burnet County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burnet County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burnet County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burnet County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 512-756-5494. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Burnet before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Burnet County Courthouse at 512-756-5420.