Burleson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Burleson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burleson County, Texas. You can contact the Burleson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Burleson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
100 W Buck StThe Burleson County Assessor's Office is located in Caldwell, Texas. Caldwell is the county seat of Burleson County, where most local government offices are located.
Burleson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Burleson County Information
Burleson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burleson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burleson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burleson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burleson County.
- The Burleson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burleson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burleson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burleson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burleson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-567-2326. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Burleson County assessor's office at 979-567-2369. Please call the assessor's office in Caldwell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Burleson County Courthouse at 979-567-2329.