Briscoe County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Briscoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Briscoe County, Texas. You can contact the Briscoe County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Briscoe County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 375The Briscoe County Assessor's Office is located in Silverton, Texas. Silverton is the county seat of Briscoe County, where most local government offices are located.
Briscoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Briscoe County Information
Briscoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Briscoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Briscoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Briscoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Briscoe County.
- The Briscoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Briscoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Briscoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Briscoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Briscoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-823-2136. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Briscoe County assessor's office at 806-823-2359. Please call the assessor's office in Silverton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Briscoe County Courthouse at 806-823-2131.