Brewster County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Brewster County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brewster County, Texas. You can contact the Brewster County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Brewster County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1630The Brewster County Assessor's Office is located in Alpine, Texas. Alpine is the county seat of Brewster County, where most local government offices are located.
Brewster County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brewster County Information
Brewster County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brewster County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brewster County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brewster County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brewster County.
- The Brewster County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brewster County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brewster County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brewster County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brewster County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-837-2214. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Brewster County assessor's office at 432-837-3871. Please call the assessor's office in Alpine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brewster County Courthouse at 432-837-2412.