Brazos County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Brazos County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brazos County, Texas. You can contact the Brazos County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Brazos County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
300 E 26Th StThe Brazos County Assessor's Office is located in Bryan, Texas. Bryan is the county seat of Brazos County, where most local government offices are located.
Brazos County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brazos County Information
Brazos County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brazos County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brazos County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brazos County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brazos County.
- The Brazos County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brazos County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brazos County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brazos County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brazos County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-361-4470. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Brazos County assessor's office at 979-361-4487. Please call the assessor's office in Bryan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brazos County Courthouse at 979-361-4102.