Brazoria County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Brazoria County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brazoria County, Texas. You can contact the Brazoria County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Brazoria County property tax due date
111 E Locust StThe Brazoria County Assessor's Office is located in Angleton, Texas. Angleton is the county seat of Brazoria County, where most local government offices are located.
Brazoria County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brazoria County Information
Brazoria County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brazoria County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brazoria County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brazoria County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brazoria County.
- The Brazoria County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brazoria County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brazoria County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brazoria County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brazoria County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-864-1320. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Angleton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brazoria County Courthouse at 979-849-5711.