Bowie County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bowie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bowie County, Texas. You can contact the Bowie County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bowie County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 248The Bowie County Assessor's Office is located in New Boston, Texas. New Boston is the county seat of Bowie County, where most local government offices are located.
Bowie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bowie County Information
Bowie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bowie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bowie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bowie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bowie County.
- The Bowie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bowie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bowie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bowie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bowie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-628-6730. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bowie County assessor's office at 903-628-6780. Please call the assessor's office in New Boston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bowie County Courthouse at 903-628-2571.