Bosque County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bosque County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bosque County, Texas. You can contact the Bosque County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Bosque County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
P.O. Box 647The Bosque County Assessor's Office is located in Meridian, Texas. Meridian is the county seat of Bosque County, where most local government offices are located.
Bosque County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bosque County Information
Bosque County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bosque County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bosque County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bosque County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bosque County.
- The Bosque County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bosque County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bosque County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bosque County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bosque County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-435-2301. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bosque County assessor's office at 254-435-2822. Please call the assessor's office in Meridian before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bosque County Courthouse at 254-435-2382.