Borden County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Borden County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Borden County, Texas. You can contact the Borden County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Borden County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 156The Borden County Assessor's Office is located in Gail, Texas. Gail is the county seat of Borden County, where most local government offices are located.
Borden County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Borden County Information
Borden County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Borden County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Borden County Tax Appraiser.
- The Borden County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Borden County.
- The Borden County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Borden County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Borden County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Borden County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Borden County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-756-4311. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Borden County assessor's office at 806-756-4431. Please call the assessor's office in Gail before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Borden County Courthouse at 806-856-4391.