Blanco County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Blanco County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Blanco County, Texas. You can contact the Blanco County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Blanco County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 471The Blanco County Assessor's Office is located in Johnson City, Texas. Johnson City is the county seat of Blanco County, where most local government offices are located.
Blanco County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Blanco County Information
Blanco County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Blanco County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Blanco County Tax Appraiser.
- The Blanco County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Blanco County.
- The Blanco County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Blanco County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Blanco County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Blanco County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Blanco County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-868-7178. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Blanco County assessor's office at 830-868-2228. Please call the assessor's office in Johnson City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Blanco County Courthouse at 830-868-4266.