Bexar County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bexar County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bexar County, Texas. You can contact the Bexar County Assessor for:
- Checking the Bexar County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
100 Dolorosa StreetThe Bexar County Assessor's Office is located in the Vista Verde Plaza Building in San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio is the county seat of Bexar County, where most local government offices are located.
Bexar County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bexar County Information
Bexar County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bexar County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bexar County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bexar County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bexar County.
- The Bexar County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bexar County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bexar County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bexar County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bexar County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 210-335-2251. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in San Antonio before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Conty Courthouse at 210-335-2011.