Baylor County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Baylor County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Baylor County, Texas. You can contact the Baylor County Assessor for:
- Checking the Baylor County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
101 S Washington StThe Baylor County Assessor's Office is located in Seymour, Texas. Seymour is the county seat of Baylor County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Baylor County Courthouse, at 101 South Washington Street.
Baylor County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Baylor County Information
Baylor County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Baylor County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Baylor County Tax Appraiser.
- The Baylor County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Baylor County.
- The Baylor County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Baylor County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Baylor County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Baylor County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Baylor County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-889-3169. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Baylor County assessor's office at 940-889-6256. Please call the assessor's office in Seymour before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Baylor County Courthouse at 940-889-3322.