Bastrop County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bastrop County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bastrop County, Texas. You can contact the Bastrop County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Bastrop County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
804 Pecan StThe Bastrop County Assessor's Office is located in Bastrop, Texas. Bastrop is the county seat of Bastrop County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bastrop County Courthouse, at 804 Pecan Street.
Bastrop County Assessor Contact Information
Bastrop County Assessor Address
Bastrop County Tax Assessor - Collector
804 Pecan Street
Bastrop, TX 78602
Bastrop County Assessor Phone Number
Bastrop County Assessor's Website
Additional Bastrop County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Information Find Bastrop County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Bastrop County property tax records
Bastrop County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bastrop County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bastrop County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bastrop County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bastrop County.
- The Bastrop County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bastrop County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bastrop County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bastrop County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bastrop County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 512-332-7261. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bastrop County assessor's office at 512-581-7167. Please call the assessor's office in Bastrop before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bastrop County Courthouse at 512-332-7200.
Find the tax assessor for a different Texas county
Find property records for Bastrop County
The median property tax in Bastrop County, Texas is $2,267.00