Bandera County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bandera County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bandera County, Texas. You can contact the Bandera County Assessor for:
- Checking the Bandera County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 877The Bandera County Assessor's Office is located in Bandera, Texas. Bandera is the county seat of Bandera County, where most local government offices are located.
Bandera County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bandera County Information
Bandera County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bandera County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bandera County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bandera County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bandera County.
- The Bandera County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bandera County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bandera County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bandera County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bandera County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-796-3731. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bandera County assessor's office at 830-796-8140. Please call the assessor's office in Bandera before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bandera County Courthouse at 830-796-3781.