Bailey County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bailey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bailey County, Texas. You can contact the Bailey County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Bailey County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
300 South First StreetThe Bailey County Assessor's Office is located in Muleshoe, Texas. Muleshoe is the county seat of Bailey County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bailey County Courthouse, at 300 South First Street, Suite 140.
Bailey County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bailey County Information
Bailey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bailey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bailey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bailey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bailey County.
- The Bailey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bailey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bailey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bailey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bailey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-272-3022. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bailey County assessor's office at 806-272-3020. Please call the assessor's office in Muleshoe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bailey County Courthouse at 806-272-3077.