Austin County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Austin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Austin County, Texas. You can contact the Austin County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Austin County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1 E Main StThe Austin County Assessor's Office is located in Bellville, Texas. Bellville is the county seat of Austin County, where most local government offices are located.
Austin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Austin County Information
Austin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Austin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Austin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Austin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Austin County.
- The Austin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Austin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Austin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Austin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Austin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-865-8633. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bellville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Austin County Courthouse at 979-865-5911.