Atascosa County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Atascosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Atascosa County, Texas. You can contact the Atascosa County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Atascosa County property tax due date
Courthouse Circle DriveThe Atascosa County Assessor's Office is located in Jourdanton, Texas. Jourdanton is the county seat of Atascosa County, where most local government offices are located.
Atascosa County Assessor Contact Information
Atascosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Atascosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Atascosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Atascosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Atascosa County.
- The Atascosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Atascosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Atascosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Atascosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Atascosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-769-3842. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Atascosa County assessor's office at 830-769-2115. Please call the assessor's office in Jourdanton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Atascosa County Courthouse at 830-767-2511.