Aransas County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Aransas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Aransas County, Texas. You can contact the Aransas County Assessor for:
- Checking the Aransas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
301 N Live Oak StThe Aransas County Assessor's Office is located in Rockport, Texas. Rockport is the county seat of Aransas County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Aransas County Courthouse, at 301 North Live Oak.
Aransas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Aransas County Information
Aransas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Aransas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Aransas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Aransas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Aransas County.
- The Aransas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Aransas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Aransas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Aransas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Aransas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-729-6633. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Aransas County assessor's office at 361-729-4373. Please call the assessor's office in Rockport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Aransas County Courthouse at 361-790-0100.