Anderson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Anderson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Anderson County, Texas. You can contact the Anderson County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Anderson County property tax due date
703 N Mallard St Ste 101The Anderson County Assessor's Office is located in Palestine, Texas. Palestine is the county seat of Anderson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Anderson County Courthouse, at 703 North Mallard Street.
Anderson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Anderson County Information
Anderson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Anderson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Anderson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Anderson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Anderson County.
- The Anderson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Anderson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Anderson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Anderson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Anderson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-723-7423. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Anderson County assessor's office at 903-723-7801. Please call the assessor's office in Palestine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Anderson County Courthouse at 903-723-7432.