Unicoi County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Unicoi County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Unicoi County, Tennessee. You can contact the Unicoi County Assessor for:
- Checking the Unicoi County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Unicoi County Assessor's Office is located in Erwin, Tennessee.
Unicoi County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Unicoi County Information
Unicoi County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Unicoi County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Unicoi County Tax Appraiser.
- The Unicoi County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Unicoi County.
- The Unicoi County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Unicoi County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Unicoi County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Unicoi County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Unicoi County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-743-3801. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Unicoi County assessor's office at 423-743-2001. Please call the assessor's office in Erwin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.