Sumner County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Sumner County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sumner County, Tennessee. You can contact the Sumner County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Sumner County property tax due date
355 N Belvedere DrThe Sumner County Assessor's Office is located in Gallatin, Tennessee. Gallatin is the county seat of Sumner County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sumner County Administration Building, at 355 North Belvedere Drive, Room 206.
Sumner County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sumner County Information
Sumner County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sumner County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sumner County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sumner County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sumner County.
- The Sumner County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sumner County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sumner County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sumner County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sumner County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 615-452-2412. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sumner County assessor's office at 615-442-1108. Please call the assessor's office in Gallatin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sumner County Administration Building at 615-452-3604.