Stewart County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Stewart County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stewart County, Tennessee. You can contact the Stewart County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Stewart County property tax due date
PO BOX 487The Stewart County Assessor's Office is located in the Stewart County Courthouse in Dover, Tennessee. Dover is the county seat of Stewart County, where most local government offices are located.
Stewart County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stewart County Information
Stewart County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stewart County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stewart County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stewart County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stewart County.
- The Stewart County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stewart County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stewart County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stewart County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stewart County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-232-5252. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stewart County assessor's office at 931-232-5990. Please call the assessor's office in Dover before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stewart County Courthouse at 931-232-5371.