Roane County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Roane County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Roane County, Tennessee. You can contact the Roane County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Roane County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Roane County Assessor's Office is located in the Roane County Courthouse in Kingston, Tennessee.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Roane County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Roane County Information
Roane County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Roane County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Roane County Tax Appraiser.
- The Roane County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Roane County.
- The Roane County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Roane County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Roane County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Roane County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Roane County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 865-376-4362. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Kingston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352