Rhea County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Rhea County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rhea County, Tennessee. You can contact the Rhea County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Rhea County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1475 Market StThe Rhea County Assessor's Office is located in Dayton, Tennessee. Dayton is the county seat of Rhea County, where most local government offices are located.
Rhea County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rhea County Information
Rhea County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rhea County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rhea County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rhea County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rhea County.
- The Rhea County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rhea County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rhea County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rhea County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rhea County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-775-7840. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dayton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rhea County Courthouse at 423-775-7801.