Putnam County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Putnam County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Putnam County, Tennessee. You can contact the Putnam County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Putnam County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Putnam County Assessor's Office is located in the Putnam County Courthouse in Cookeville, Tennessee.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Putnam County Assessor Contact Information
Putnam County Assessor Address
Putnam County Property Assessor
Putnam County Courthouse
300 East Spring Street, Room 1
Cookeville, TN 38501
Putnam County Assessor Phone Number
Putnam County Assessor's Website
Additional Putnam County Information
GIS Mapping (Search by Parcel ID, address, or subdivision name) Geographical Information System
Property Tax Search & Payments (Tax Records) Find Putnam County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Putnam County property tax records
Putnam County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Putnam County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Putnam County Tax Appraiser.
- The Putnam County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Putnam County.
- The Putnam County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Putnam County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Putnam County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Putnam County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Putnam County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-528-8428. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Putnam County assessor's office at 931-520-0468. Please call the assessor's office in Cookeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352
Find the tax assessor for a different Tennessee county
Find property records for Putnam County
The median property tax in Putnam County, Tennessee is $797.00