McNairy County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The McNairy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McNairy County, Tennessee. You can contact the McNairy County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the McNairy County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Court AvenueThe McNairy County Assessor's Office is located in Selmer, Tennessee. Selmer is the county seat of McNairy County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mcnairy County Courthouse, at 170 Court Avenue, Room B1.
McNairy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McNairy County Information
McNairy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McNairy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McNairy County Tax Appraiser.
- The McNairy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McNairy County.
- The McNairy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McNairy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McNairy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McNairy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McNairy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 731-645-5146. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Selmer before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcnairy County Courthouse at 731-645-3511.