Hardin County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Hardin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hardin County, Tennessee. You can contact the Hardin County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hardin County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
601 Main StreetThe Hardin County Assessor's Office is located in Savannah, Tennessee. Savannah is the county seat of Hardin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hardin County Courthouse, at 465 Main Street.
Hardin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hardin County Information
Hardin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hardin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hardin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hardin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hardin County.
- The Hardin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hardin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hardin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hardin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hardin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 731-925-9031. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Savannah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hardin County Courthouse at 731-925-9078.