Hardeman County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Hardeman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hardeman County, Tennessee. You can contact the Hardeman County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Hardeman County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
100 N Main StThe Hardeman County Assessor's Office is located in Bolivar, Tennessee. Bolivar is the county seat of Hardeman County, where most local government offices are located.
Hardeman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hardeman County Information
Hardeman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hardeman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hardeman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hardeman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hardeman County.
- The Hardeman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hardeman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hardeman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hardeman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hardeman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 731-658-6522. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hardeman County assessor's office at 731-658-1777. Please call the assessor's office in Bolivar before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hardeman County Courthouse at 731-658-3266.