Hamblen County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Hamblen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hamblen County, Tennessee. You can contact the Hamblen County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Hamblen County property tax due date
511 W 2Nd North StThe Hamblen County Assessor's Office is located in Morristown, Tennessee. Morristown is the county seat of Hamblen County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hamblen County Courthouse, at 511 West Second North Street.
Hamblen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hamblen County Information
Hamblen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hamblen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hamblen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hamblen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hamblen County.
- The Hamblen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hamblen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hamblen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hamblen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hamblen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-586-1852. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hamblen County assessor's office at 423-318-2523. Please call the assessor's office in Morristown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hamblen County Courthouse at 423-586-1931.