Grundy County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Grundy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grundy County, Tennessee. You can contact the Grundy County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Grundy County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
PO Box 177The Grundy County Assessor's Office is located in Altamont, Tennessee. Altamont is the county seat of Grundy County, where most local government offices are located.
Grundy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grundy County Information
Grundy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grundy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grundy County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grundy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grundy County.
- The Grundy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grundy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grundy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grundy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grundy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-692-3596. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Grundy County assessor's office at 931-692-3597. Please call the assessor's office in Altamont before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grundy County Courthouse at 931-692-3718.