Grainger County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Grainger County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grainger County, Tennessee. You can contact the Grainger County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Grainger County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 126The Grainger County Assessor's Office is located in Rutledge, Tennessee. Rutledge is the county seat of Grainger County, where most local government offices are located.
Grainger County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grainger County Information
Grainger County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grainger County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grainger County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grainger County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grainger County.
- The Grainger County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grainger County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grainger County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grainger County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grainger County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 865-828-5858. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Rutledge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grainger County Courthouse at 865-828-3513.