Fentress County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Fentress County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fentress County, Tennessee. You can contact the Fentress County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Fentress County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 1128The Fentress County Assessor's Office is located in Jamestown, Tennessee. Jamestown is the county seat of Fentress County, where most local government offices are located.
Fentress County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fentress County Information
Fentress County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fentress County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fentress County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fentress County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fentress County.
- The Fentress County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fentress County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fentress County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fentress County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fentress County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-879-9194. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jamestown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fentress County government at 931-879-7713.