Dyer County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Dyer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dyer County, Tennessee. You can contact the Dyer County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Dyer County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 1360The Dyer County Assessor's Office is located in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Dyersburg is the county seat of Dyer County, where most local government offices are located.
Dyer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dyer County Information
Dyer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dyer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dyer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dyer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dyer County.
- The Dyer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dyer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dyer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dyer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dyer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 731-286-7804. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dyersburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dyer County Courthouse at 731-286-7800.