Crockett County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Crockett County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crockett County, Tennessee. You can contact the Crockett County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Crockett County property tax due date
1 S Bells StThe Crockett County Assessor's Office is located in the Crockett County Courthouse in Alamo, Tennessee. Alamo is the county seat of Crockett County, where most local government offices are located.
Crockett County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crockett County Information
Crockett County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crockett County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crockett County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crockett County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crockett County.
- The Crockett County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crockett County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crockett County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crockett County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crockett County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 731-696-5456. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Alamo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crockett County Courthouse at 731-696-5460.